& BONS CADEAUX
MEILLEUR TARIF GARANTI !
Hotel Archambeau, in Thonac, ideally located in Dordogne Black Perigord
An ideal base from which to explore our beautiful region of Perigord, our hotel offers the opportunity to discover the treasures of the Dordogne, "River of Hope" so dear to Christian Signol! A cherished land of gourmets, it unveils its many riches over the course of halts and according to the seasons.
In the Vézère valley (referred to as the "Valley of Prehistory"), the Périgord Noir offers an exceptional environment of international reputation, including some fifteen prehistoric sites classified as World Heritage by UNESCO alongside the famous cave of Lascaux. 8km from the hotel restaurant Archambeau). It is, indeed, not a coincidence that this land of Périgord is called "Pays de l'Homme" because Man chose to live here at the dawn of humanity and left as traces many exceptional masterpieces ...
Castles, manor houses, Romanesque churches, beautiful classified character villages and bastides punctuate the territory to the delight of heritage lovers. Art and History combine to offer visitors the surprise of exceptional discoveries.
Close to the most beautiful sites, nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts will find in the Dordogne-Périgord Noir something for themselves ... They can indulge in the joys of water (fishing, swimming and descent of the river canoeing), hiking, horse riding or cycling, golf, climbing or caving.
SPORTS AND LEISURE NEARTHE HOTEL RESTAURANT ARCHAMBEAU
– Canoes in Thonac 50 m from the hotel (+335 53 50 67 71)
– Tennis courts (Montignac, 5 km)
– Equestrian center (Sergeac, 2 km, +335 53 50 86 46 - Tamniès, 7 km, +335 53 29 68 62)
– Minigolf (Saint-Pierre loisirs, Montignac 6 km, +335 53 51 83 32)
– Sports fields (Montignac 5 km, St-Léon sur Vézère, 4 km)
– Tree climbing park (St-Léon sur Vézère 4 km, Thenon 12 km)
– Mountain bike rental (Montignac, 5 km)
On the spot:
- Swimming pool
- Climbing wall
- Basketball hoop
LEISURE AROUND FISHING
In the heart of the Périgord Noir, the Vézère, cradle of humanity, is bordered by impressive cliffs overlooking the river. In this sumptuous landscape, fish are abundant. White fish (roach, bleak, chub) and predator fish (pike, perch and perch).
– Our private pond of Saint-Chabran (shaded park of 2 acres), is designed to fish freely (without a card), to walk, or simply to relax in the shade of the many poplars (1.5 km from the hotel).
– The Vézère River is less than 100 meters from the hotel, fishing is allowed with a card. Fishing permits for sale in Montignac (+335 53 50 06 85).
– Fongran lake, fishing pond 1st category (Thonac, 3 km)
– Tamniès pond (Tamniès, 8 km) The fishing season is open from May 1st to December 31st. Swimming is allowed. Compulsory card to be obtained at the town hall (05 53 29 68 95)
In Périgord, there are more than 1,130 km of hiking trails (GR). Among them, the GR 36 which runs along the prehistoric sites of the Vézère valley. Many loops have been created on the trails of the valley with some for hikes that depart directly from the town of Thonac. Remember that these routes can be frequented for other practices, namely horseback riding and mountain biking.
Some circuits of excursions:
– Maillol-Thonac loop
– Fongran Pond: Fongran loop
– Posadou loop
Additional hiking sheets are available at the reception.
For more information, you can consult the website of the Departmental Committee of Tourism (CDT) of the Dordogne: www.dordogne-perigord-tourisme.fr
MAIN TOURIST SITES CLOSE TO THE HOTEL RESTAURANT ARCHAMBEAU
- Thoth, Espace Cro-Magnon (Thonac, 2 km). An essential addition to Lascaux 4, the Thot offers an approach to cave art as an introduction to or as a complement to the visit to Lascaux 4, as well as a wildlife park for children.
- The Château de Losse (Thonac, 1 Km), listed as a historical monument since 1928, is an obligatory passage between Lascaux 4 and the National Museum of Prehistory in Eyzies.
The 16th and 17th century medieval fortress dominates the valley of the Vézère, to be discovered as well as the superb terraced gardens
- Castel-Merle (Sergeac, 3 km). Prehistoric site with 10 shelters under remarkable rocks.
- Lascaux 4 (Montignac, 7 km). The most visited ornate cave in the world.
- The Roque Saint-Christophe (Peyzac le Moustier, 7 km). Remarkable for its powerful forms, its number of habitations and the longevity of its occupation by the man.
- The National Museum of Prehistory (Les Eyzies, 15 km)
- Sarlat 18km
- Dordogne Valley 30km
- Padirac chasm and Rocamadour 1 hour’s drive